LCF/Vista Classroom Microgrants for Language Educators
The LCF/Vista Microgrants Program for Language Educators is an initiative aimed at supporting and empowering those who are dedicated to promoting multilingualism and cultural diversity in the classroom. This program provides small grants to K-12 educators who are passionate about teaching languages and incorporating cultural elements into their lessons.
This program is open to all K-12 language educators regardless of setting. Eligible individuals may apply for grants of $300 to fund a variety of projects, including:
- Organizing cultural events or activities for their learners, including those in collaboration with relevant community organizations;
- Creating projects that support diverse perspectives and provide opportunities to develop cultural competence; and
- Purchasing instructional materials and resources for their language classes/classrooms (e.g., reference materials, tablets, posters, art supplies) for the purpose of a project or event.
100 microgrants of $300 each will be awarded between September 2023 and May 2024.
The three funding cycles include:
- September 1 to November 10, with awards announced at the ACTFL Convention
- Mid-November to mid-February, with awards announced on February 15
- Mid-February to mid-May, with awards announced on May 15
Application Requirements and Process
- Applicants must be K-12 educators and provide a well-articulated need and purpose, including anticipated expenses.
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, and applicants that don’t receive a grant in a given funding cycle (three per year) can reapply.
- Awardees must agree to submit a short video (15 seconds maximum) within a week of grant notification that shares their name, language and level taught, and anticipated use for the funds to be used to promote the microgrants program.
- Recipients are limited to one award annually across the three funding cycles.
Apply by 5:00 p.m. ET on November 10, 2023 to be considered for the current cycle!