LCF Student Ambassadors Program
Share the Power of Languages on Your Campus …and Beyond!
Launched in Fall 2023, the LCF Student Ambassadors Program convenes a dynamic, nationwide network of student language-learner leaders at the postsecondary level who help to spread our mission, provide valuable insights and perspectives, and inspire other young people to celebrate their language accomplishments and dreams.
The Time is Now
As a language learner, you understand the myriad benefits of exploring other languages and cultures. From improved problem-solving skills and global awareness to a competitive edge in the jobs market, languages add value to all aspects of our human experience.
That said, we know that funding for language programs is often cut during financial difficulties and stubborn obstacles and inequities persist, fueling a critical language teacher shortage. The U.S. also lags dangerously behind global peers in language enrollments.
We invite you to join postsecondary students and language enthusiasts empowering each other to become global advocates and trailblazers for language education.
We're a community of world language champions! As an LCF Student Ambassador, you would take advantage of opportunities throughout the year to grow your network and identify resources for language learners and language education advocates, including:
- Connecting with fellow student leaders across the country—via a directory, dedicated online community message boards, and quarterly virtual gatherings;
- Meeting and networking with experienced language educators and advocates;
- Participating in professional development webinars on related topics, including advocacy and fundraising; and
- Sharing your voice to make a difference.
LCF Student Ambassadors are volunteers who choose from a number of media, awareness-raising, and fundraising projects throughout the academic year to contribute to the language education community.
Activities can include:
- Attending quarterly virtual gatherings to engage with fellow Ambassadors and featured speakers;
- Posting to your own social media about the benefits of language learning;
- Providing LCF with social media content, such as Instagram Takeovers;
- Writing essay content for the LCF blog;
- Organizing on-campus or in-person awareness-building activities to bolster local language learner communities (think presentations, culture nights, language fairs, volunteer efforts...);
- Sharing about LCF with stakeholders in your network and helping to identify new contacts; and
- Peer-to-peer fundraising initiatives (like a 5K, bake sale, bowl-a-thon, etc.).
As representatives of our mission and vision, Ambassadors' actions should align with ACTFL's values, and participants may be removed from the program at LCF's discretion.
Become a Student Ambassador
Sign up to stand at the forefront of a nationwide network of language-learner leaders united in the pursuit of promoting the power of linguistic diversity and cultural understanding.